Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2 - Favorite Movie

This favorite stuff is difficult stuff. The first movie I ever saw was the Little Mermaid, however it was not even close to my number one movie. The first movie I had to leave due to fright was Jurassic Park, not my favorite either. As a human being, I have always had an affinity for various geeky activities. Amongst them - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Mega Man, wearing bow ties, spending 3-20 hours playing games, and Pokemon.

Anyways through out my childhood a large amount of nerdanium was accumulating in the nerd center of the human body and I was also reading every novel in the fictional universe of Middle Earth (including The Silmarillion). The scene had been set for me to really really enjoy the film adaption of The Lord of The Rings "The Fellowship of The Ring" and I did. There was a fairly violent explosion of nerd emotions within me that ended in injury (a lotr inspired hockey net pole sword fight left me with a fractured bone in my arm).

Love is pain and pain is love and I loved that film! This film makes me feel inspired, sad, hopeful, and is overall very epic. My favorite scene is Arwen carrying Frodo away from the Black Riders. The hairs on my neck stand straight up with excitement when Arwen begins chanting her spell. I decided to look up a bit more on the spell and found that it is called the bruinen spell and goes like this,

Nîn o Chithaeglir
lasto beth daer;
Rimmo nîn Bruinen
dan in Ulaer!

'Waters of the Misty Mountains
listen to the great word;
flow waters of Loudwater
against the Ringwraiths!'

(credit to http://www.elvish.org for the translation)


...hehe cool !!! Anyways Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Rings, my favorite movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics