Sunday, June 20, 2010

4 - Favorite Book

Coming Soon!

I am reading a book right now which is a rare occurrence. It is a Sci-Fi novel called 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' by Phillip K. Dick.

Anyways (like many things) it is hard for me to say a favorite book at this point. I enjoyed quite a few, here is a short list:
-All Tolkien
-Harry Potter Series
-Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
.
.
Um.. Let me check my book shelf please!
.
.
-The Day of the Triffids, The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
-Devil in a Blue Dress, White Butterfly by Walter Mosley

Those are some of my favorites, another I really enjoyed was Aristotle's Poetics and Rhetoric. Although dense at times, Aristotle's surgical interpolation of persuasion is extremely interesting and a fun read. His neurotic need to classify everything into lists is entertaining and also insightful (most of the time - there are points where things seem a bit silly to maintain a graceful classification). The book was enjoyable in conjunction with my English writing requirement for Computer Science students. Not only that, I got to share it with my lovely girlfriend. I would bore her over the telephone with it. Reading it became an ideal lullaby technique for lulling her into a deep blissful sleep. No doubt my monotone voice aided in that! Well yes, reading this book together helped solidify our bond, making it very special to me.

Apologies for the lack of activity (although I am positive anyone who actually reads this (do you exist?) is quite used to this sort of neglect from me) I have actually been busy for once with job applications, interviews, working out (Believe it or not), and birthdays!) I hope to stay relatively active with this blog project in the future.

Now to further nail in some more concepts that I should have had permanently in my head for years (RIM interview tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics