Monday, November 22, 2010

Staying Fresh, Basketball, and Mustache

Hello to the small group of faithfuls (or as of now angry group of former faithful due to ridiculous absence)

It has been a long time since I have posted and the reasons vary in their legitimacy. I moved out of the parent's house to live on my own while working as an intern @ RIM in Waterloo. I was really focused on my work for a couple weeks allocating a lot of time and effort into doing well there. As time went on, I began feeling a lot more comfortable and entered a very habitual cycle. Being caught (maybe a bad word since this is my first professional experience and I should be ecstatic, which I am!) in that cycle my mind became (often) devoid of meaningful thought after exiting my work premises. At times, I find myself walking home and totally forgetting where I am - yet I continue walking where I need to go. It is as if my body and mind have become separated.

Well this is not good in my opinion! So I am going to try to put in the extra effort to maintain this thing.

Things have been pretty good in Raptor land in my opinion. I have been very happy with the effort of the Raptors thus far. Here is a short list of the good and bad and the in between.

Good
- After a slow start Amir Johnson has played very well. I would say he has moved from the predicted grossly overpaid into slightly overpaid.
- Reggie Evans has increased his trade value by showing he is not a no dimensional scary looking dude but back to his former status as a 1 dimensional rebounding monster.
- Like I said,the effort!

The Bad
- Andrea Bargnani. Sure he has average 21 PPG, but his other numbers are universally down. Most importantly his already pathetic rebounding numbers have declined further.
- Sonny Weems is doing very well! Okay this is good but I made a bit with a friend that he would average below 15 PPG. He is creeping very close.

Indifferent
- Kleiza is off to an underwhelming start. This would be in bad but I feel like he will pick it up..
- Jarret Jack trade. I like getting Bayless but I worry we will shy away if presented with the opportunity to draft Kyrie Irving. More minutes for Jose Calderon is probably not a good thing but at least it gives him the chance to up his trade value.
- Derozan has done pretty well, not great, but not bad.

Last but not least I am growing a mustache for Movember feel free to donate
here



Proceeds go to Prostate Cancer research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics